Pages

4.15.2013

brennan manning.

Brennan Manning, best known for his book, The Ragamuffin Gospel, passed away on Friday morning. I read a couple of his books in college, and in the wake of his recent death, I'm feeling the urge to read him again. He was and through his works he will continue to be an incredible voice proclaiming God's relentless love and grace for us. If you've never read anything by him, I'd highly recommend you do. It will be time well spent, and more importantly, your affections will be stirred for Jesus.


"My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it."
-- The Ragamuffin Gospel


"Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion."
-- Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging

No comments: