Pages

10.22.2012

sunrise.

chris was in a wedding in amarillo this last weekend, and on our early morning road trip home yesterday, we were driving due east -- right into the sunrise.

west texas at its finest.

i don't think there's anything as pregnant with expectation as a sunrise, and i don't think there's anywhere better to watch it than west texas. there's just nothing quite like it. we tried to capture the progression -- so much anticipation!


thankful for this visual illustration of the psalmist's thoughts in psalm 130:

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning, 
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
O Israel, hope in the Lord! 
For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.
And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

No comments: