Pages

2.09.2009

how marvelous.

the next big idea conference is going on at truett this week. in one of the worship sessions this morning we sang the hymn "how marvelous." in all my years of singing hymns in church, i had never heard the second verse to this hymn:

"for me it was in the garden
he prayed: 'not my will, but thine.'
he had no tears for his own griefs,
but sweat-drops of blood for mine."

then, of course, the chorus:

"how marvelous! how wonderful!
and my song shall ever be:
how marvelous! how wonderful
is my savior's love for me!"

i had full intentions of writing out some thoughts from these words, but i feel like anything i say would take away from them...and they kinda leave me speechless anyway. just wanted to share. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha yes well they make me tear up...go figure cara