Pages

2.18.2009

personal mission statement.

one of the assignments in my "leadership for ministry" class is to write a personal mission statement. yikes. i just wrapped mine up and thought i'd share:

"I will never give up this wrestling match that some call “faith.” I will love God and try to understand His love for me so that I can in turn love and value those with whom I interact, engaging in intentional conversations, talking less and listening more. I will be the best daughter and sister that I can be, and hopefully one day will be a wife and mom that points her family to the Lord. I will be a good steward of what I have learned and experienced in life, and will continually seek out experiences that will challenge and stretch me. I must expose myself to other cultures and be involved in Kingdom work that is pushing back darkness and ushering in light.  I will be a woman of integrity, pursuing excellence in every area of my life and enjoying the gift of being alive. "

if you haven't ever done anything like this, i recommend it. it definitely forced me to examine my priorities and passions and to decide what I truly value in life. like braner drilled into our heads at k-colorado, "if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." 

3 comments:

Nathan said...

I like it CJ. I need to write a concise statement like this. Thanks for posting some challenging goals!

Unknown said...

can i adopt this?

AV said...

nice...